Sunday 1 May 2011

FRESH from the Royal Wedding!





Well all that I can say is WOW, didn’t Kate look unbelievably beautiful? Every detail was just perfection, hair, make-up and that DRESS!! I thought she’d have her hair up in a chic chignon rather than half up, half down but I was almost right! Nevertheless, it was the right style, although I would have loved to see more of her lace bodice across her back and shoulders. The hairstyle was truly magnificent and I think I heard through the grapevine that she had a dramatic hairpiece sewn in to keep that amazing tiara in place and really give a cascading wave down her back.
Her make up, understated but natural was as suspected, rumour has it she did it all herself – she can have a job at the Fresh Academy anytime! As if she needs it! On a serious note, it was to perfection, her creamy skin was shown off with a delicate rosy glow and natural, earthy tones on her stunning almond shaped eyes – the effect was just breathtaking.
As for the dress – any bride would have been over the moon with a creation by the head designer at Alexander McQueen – Sarah Burton did him proud and what a well kept secret! I’m sure he was smiling down today as the now Duchess of Cambridge swept down the dramatic aisle at the Abbey, looking resplendent. I wish I had been a guest! Back to the dress, a creation of sumptuous lace and duchess satin. The bodice was fitted with an overlay of the most gorgeously crafted lace – did you see the tiny covered buttons at the cuffs and down the back? The lace was hand-made by the Royal School of Needlework in secret. Apparently, the flowers in the lace are all emblems of the United Kingdom, the rose, thistle, daffodil and shamrock, how patriotic! The train measured 2 metres and 70 centimetres. As for the veil, it was ivory silk tulle with hand embroidered flowers.
A simply awe-inspiring day and I know I spent most of the time looking at all the guests scrutinising designer outfits, hair styles and make up. The rest of the team at Fresh were also glued, we love gathering inspiration from these incredible events so we can re-create all the sensational Royal Wedding looks for all our Fresh devotees! I’m wondering how long it will be until someone asks us to re-create Kate’s look…
What did YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment